Please arrive 10 minutes early to your appointment so you can complete the registration forms. We ask that your first visit to Pear Tree Family Practice is a long (30 minute) appointment, to allow us to carefully review your medical history, address your health needs and ensure comprehensive ongoing care.
If you would like your medical records transferred to us from your previous practice please complete a Transfer of Medical Records consent form (see above or available from our receptionists). We will then contact your previous health care provider to arrange transfer of your medical records.
Please call (08) 7228 5818 during our business hours to make an appointment.
You may also book your appointment online 24/7 via HotDoc.
Our standard consultations are 15 minutes. Longer consultation times are available. You may require more time for mental health consultations, multiple issues and for procedures. Please speak with our reception staff so that we can ensure we allocate enough time to meet your needs.
We will always prioritise urgent medical conditions. We will always strive to see unwell children on the same day. Please advise our reception staff if you think your health issue is urgent and we will address this accordingly.
Please advise our reception staff of your needs for an interpreter service or the National Relay Service (for those with a hearing impairment) when you book your appointment. 48 hours notice would be appreciated for in-person translation services, although we can arrange a telephone based service at shorter notice.
If you are unable to attend your appointment please advise us via telephone as soon as possible. Failure to attend your scheduled appointment without notice will result in a non-attendance fee.
Out of Hours Care
As a patient of Pear Tree Family Practice, you have access to 24 hour medical care.
After hours we recommend you call National Home Doctor on 137425 (13SICK). They offer urgent after hours GP care, and will notify us of their consultation with you. All consultations will be bulk-billed.
For assistance in a mental health emergency please call Mental Health Triage on 13 14 65 (24 hours).
The closest emergency departments
- In an Emergency please dial 000.
- Emergency Department, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Drive, Bedford Park SA 5045, 24 hours, phone (08) 8204 5511
- Private (out of pocket costs will apply):
- It is important that all test results are followed up in a consultation with your doctor. Consultations for results are at a discounted rate.
Prescriptions, referrals and medical certificates
- All repeat prescriptions, referrals and medical certificates require a consultation with your doctor to ensure appropriate, current treatment.
- Good preventative care is a key part of our role as your General Practitioner. We use a computerised reminder system and may be in contact with you to offer preventative health care, relevant to your health needs. If you do not wish to receive reminders please let your doctor or our reception staff know.
- We are committed to providing a quality service. If you have a problem we would like you to share your concerns with us. We take any concerns, complaints or suggestions seriously.